Thursday, April 21, 2005

Rachael's rocks

My daughter is a collector. She collects little keepsakes and deposits them throughout the house, her drawers, her desk, wherever she can find a flat surface. She kept the little yellow bow from her chocolate Easter bunny. She kept the rubberband from the first ponytail she made by herself. Reminds me of Scout in "To Kill A Mockingbird." She looks longer at things and it seems like she's considering them and trying to fit them into her little six-year-old perception of the world.

She collects rocks wherever she goes. From the beach, parks, baseball games, our yard, grandpa's yard. Her collections grows all the time and she notices if one of them is missing or has been moved. I like that she notices things and wants to take a piece to remember them by. We're just running out of space.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Rachael! I collect rocks too, but I'm sure my collection is smaller than her's. I write the place where I gathered the rock and the date on it's underside.

When we moved, I was so upset that I would not be able to visit Lake Erie on a regular basis (as I'm accustomed to), that I gathered up about 20 or so rocks! My husband's response was "you're carrying them."

:)

(I deleted my previous post because I misspelled your daughter's name and that's just rude!)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger CarolynT said...

You know, she actually remembers where she got them from! She usually chooses the really worn round rocks and I usually have to put a size limit on them...same rule here...you're carrying them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home