Monday, April 11, 2005

The old farm

There's an old farm near my house that will soon be turned into yet another golf course. Mind you, we have five golf courses within an 8 mile radius of my house. If you extend the radius to 12 miles, we have a dozen courses.

Out of curiousity, I took a moment to check if there any statistics on how many golf courses we have per capita. In a 2002 Golf Digest ranking, Dutchess County ranked 157th out of 314 areas studied. We have 149 people per golf course. So if everyone who lived here went golfing at the same time, there would be eight people on every hole. ("So why can I never get a tee time," my husband quips...)

I'd rather have the old farm's rolling hills and big open sky that everyone can enjoy...without a set time to enjoy it.

Anyway, here's a few things I found while wandering around there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home