Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hello, my name is Carolyn. I am a novelist.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

*cheesy grin* *flashbulbs popping* *temporary blindness* *runs to the top of the nearest, not too tall mountain, half blind, huffing and puffing, to proclaim to anyone that will listen:*

Woohoooo! I did it! Wrote a 50,000 word novel in one month! Woohoo!

I'm not done with the story yet, but I did it. Reached that insane goal set forth by the insane folks at NaNoWriMo..read more about them here. It's called "October Knights," and the tagline shall read: "a novel of romantic love between a fan, a baseball team and the sportswriter whose words brought them together."

Woo. I'm tired now. More tired. Good tired. Everyone's a "winner" who reached 50K in one month. I'm one now, too. Apparently 80% of folks to sign up, don't reach it. So I feel good. *does a silly dance* I knew that I would, now. So good, so good, I wrote a book yeah! Woo! I feel nice! Like sugar and spice...

Ahem.

Anyway. Thanks for all the kind words of encouragement. I appreciate each and every word. = )

*goes off to print "WINNER" certificate, frame it and then faint...right after descending the mountain* Can I get a TAXI up HERE?!!!

See my winner's banner on my profile here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! WooHoo!

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home