Thursday, October 27, 2005

Mohonk Preserve

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Nice field trip with my son's fourth grade class to Mohonk Mountain Preserve. They're studying New York state history and American Indians. They got to weave straw mats, make pinch pots from clay, play Native American games, grind corn and attempted to make fire. No one was successful unfortunately (and we could've used some heat...cold up there!), but my son and I managed a little smoke. And now my arm hurts. Fire-making elbow?

Great view from up there in the Shawangunks. To the west you can see the Catskills, their peaks topped with fresh snow from earlier this week. Nice trip. Wonder if I can drag the whole family out this weekend. With all the other leaf-peepers. Or maybe not. I can see leaves in my yard. And no traffic!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home