Thursday, April 28, 2005

Garden after the rain

Tulips looking a little chilly today. They don't want to open up all the way. Just as pretty kind of closed, I think.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These you can click to enlarge.
I just bought this shrub (below) today. It's called "Moonlight Scotch Broom." I never heard of it before, but everyone in line at the Home Depot was snatching them up. They're supposedly evergreens that bloom these tiny creamy yellow-white flowers in May. But now I'm reading about them at home and they appear to be quite the invasive plant. They grow quickly and spread to the point of being a nuisance, apparently. I thought it would make a good natural screen from our yard to the road. Maybe I'll return it. I don't need another weed, even if it does have nice flowers.

Scotch Broom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home