Sunday, April 30, 2006

Joanne's Orchids

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These are my older sister, Joanne's Orchids. She's an orchid pro. I am an orchid killer, or in the Latin, Orchidous Murderous. Orchids have complicated system of nomenclature. Genus, species, I get. But then it gets into varieties, cultivator varieties, hybridized varieties, capital letter Orchids, names in quotations, even Royally registered orchids. That's a lot of name for such a simple and beautiful flower. An orchid, by any other incredibly complicated name, is still an orchid.
Found this site for growing tips and variety names.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Clodoaldo said...

Great photos, gorgeous plants. I grow some varieties of orchids but I'm not an expert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home