Friday, December 23, 2005

Happy Holidays!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Happy Holidays from my neck of the Woods to yours! Safe and stress-free travels, too!

These beautiful gingerbread house creations courtesy of the talented young student chefs at the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NY.

The little houses were for sale in the Apple Pie Cafe. That large house was nearly three feet high!The snow in the large house scene was shaved white chocolate. The roofs were formed sheets of melted chocolate decoratively edged by fork tines...I've seen real roofs made with less care. *looks up at ceiling* I think those whimsical little penguins are marzipan, so yes, you can eat them, but they are simply too cute to eat. Another baking and pastry class near my office had made small gingerbread houses but they all took their creations home for the holidays. Hope they all made it home in one piece.

-Happiest Holidays, everyone! Here's wishing you joy in your heart, peace in your life and many happy gatherings this holiday season!

Click on the thumbnails below to enlarge for detail.





3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Arevanye said...

Wow, I *love* the penguins! Adorable! Are these the ones you could buy to take home? I'd snatch one up in a second.

Great photos!

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the penguins! I love things where you can eat *everything*! Not that you'd want to eat those penguins, but it's good to know that you could, if you wanted to. :)

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger CarolynT said...

I was in such a hurry to post the pics, I forgot to tell the details!

The little houses were for sale. That large house was nearly three feet high. The snow in the large house scene was shaved white chocolate. The roofs were formed melted chocolate edged by fork tines...I've seen real roofs made with less care. *looks up at ceiling*

I think the penguins are marzipan, so yes, you can eat them! But they are too cute, aren't they!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home