Thursday, July 14, 2005

Around the Garden: Mid-July

Seems like a long time since I took photos of the gardens. I do believe it coincides with the kids being home for the summer! Got a few shots the other day when I wasn't playing kiddie taxi driver.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

patio tomatoes, eluding the japanese beetles, for now...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
the herb garden box, blew too early in the heat

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

gerbera daisies on their second bloom!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have no idea what these are, but I also planted them in my perennial bed and nearly ripped them out, thinking their tender leaves were merely grass.

3 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have two tomatoes that are almost ready.. I am so excited!!! Come and look at my sight and see what I discovered yesterday that is on my flower wishlist...
Alison

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger CarolynT said...

You have tomatoes ready already?! You southerners...lol...all that sun. We've had so much rain...I have huge plants, and the fruit isn't that big yet. I did plant some late season tomatoes though...but even the grape tomatoes don't look so great. = (

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger CarolynT said...

p.s. The pretty little purple flowers are coreopsis...not sure the specific type

 

Post a Comment

<< Home