Monday, June 27, 2005

Summertime, summertime

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I ended up being half an hour late for my friend's birthday party Saturday `because the sunset was just too magnificent to miss. I drove past my favorite farm where the farmer had just rolled the hay into giant bails. I knew they wouldn't be there for long, so I turned around and came back. The sun was a giant fiery ball over the field. Gorgeous site. I imagine that's what the mid-westerners see just about every day out there. Figured I best take the time to see it while I could. That farm is destined to become a golf course. Was worth missing a few beers at the party.

Where I live, folks don't oft walk anywhere on main roads. We're too far from anything except our neighbors and then, most people just drive. The new wave of folks moving in think walking is what you do on a treadmill at the gym. ;-) So when you see someone pulled over, it usually means their car broke down. My little pull off with my camera and tripod had traffic slowed to a snail's pace around the big 1/2 mile turn around the farm (at far right in photo). And when people realized I was just taking a picture of the sunset, some of them started honking. It seemed like nice honking...none pulled over to enjoy it with me though. That would've been awesome. Tons of cars just pulled over for the sunset. Maybe next time. = )

One guy shouted, "Oh, man! That's gonna be a great shot!!" I wish it had turned out better. I had the old camera with me and I had trouble fooling the auto-light meter with the dark field and bright sun. Here's a not too terrible shot of it.

(click to enlarge)

2 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pool shot is great!

You sound like me - I carry my camera everywhere, too.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger CarolynT said...

Thanks. I have Viggo to thank for that photo...and a lot of other ones! I read an article where he mentioned he does that...reminded me how fun it was when I did it in college. So I started doing it just about a year and a half ago...You really are looking at things differently when you have the potential of capturing it with your camera.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home