Friday, January 21, 2005

One Week since California

And I'm still recovering. I went to California last Friday for The One Ring Convention aka Lord of the Rings celebration. What fun. Madness! Mayhem! Hobbits, elves, dwarves, oh my!

My pictures are here. My report is here.

By far, the funniest part of the weekend was Charles Ross' one man LOTR show. This guy must have a direct-line of espresso into his bloodstream. Just, drip, drip, drip, right into the old Vena Cava. It's the only way to explain how he does "43 characters, three masterworks in 3600 seconds." Fantastic close to the weekend. Tearful laughter and "the end." Wonderful.



me and Royd Tolkien,
great-grandson of the Professor himself.
I was going to rub him for good luck with
my writing, but I didn't think that would
go over so well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home