Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Oh land o' blooms

I love when a plant that you've completely forgotten about just pops up in your garden! I usually give weeds a pass in early spring, since I'm not great at identifying weeds from perennials yet. I let this one go because I thought maybe it was something I had planted last year, and it was! Purple phlox! I don't remember planting this where it is, so maybe I shifted dirt around and inadvertently relocated it. That and I added another four feet to this border last fall, so maybe it just seems like it moved.

Added a peonie, too, Sarah Burnhardt. Lovely pink doubles. This plant came with one bud and I think that's all she'll give this year. It's a lovely one though.

Also one close-up of the Mother's Day roses I received. These actually smell good, too! Not bad for a supermarket bunch! ;-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger CarolynT said...

It really is a joy. I find great peace in the garden. Here is a great site about gardening...he's got great links and inspirational stuff, too.

http://www.soulofthegarden.com/home.html

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Arevanye said...

Oooh your peonies are blooming already? Mine are just budding yet. I love peonies--once they get established, they just get thicker and more and more flowers.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger CarolynT said...

That's what my step-mother said! I think it bloomed early because I just planted it...shallow roots, etc. I hope it does well over the winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home