Thursday, July 27, 2006

Announcing the Birth of...

My first ear of corn! Wow, that's exciting, I know, try to control yourselves. Eh, it's my first attempt at corn. Eight plants in the ground, seven survived the onslaught of the deer (don't ask about the tomatoes) and eight ears, minus this one, on the stalks still growing. With mostly neglect, I got a cute little crop. I'll plow under the front 40 next year and do a whole field. Or maybe a dozen plants. Something.

Here are the baby pics!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger CarolynT said...

Thanks, cerys. We were all very pround of the little guy...then we ate him. lol.

You're moving?! (moved?!) Bon voyage! You're leaving your gardens?! Sniffle. Isn't that always the saddest part of moving...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home