Tuesday, May 16, 2006

In Memory of Mom

Mom's birthday today. She's been gone for ten years, but she's still with me. = )

She loved Elvis, gardenias, roses, dancing and the Mets. And us. She taught me how to cook, well, laugh and enjoy the little things in life. Apparently, I was a needy baby, thus, the attachment to mom's hip. I also liked to be rocked to sleep, so they rigged a temporary hammock across the archway in the living room. Mini-me reminds me of my daughter. From birth until two and a half, she was my appendage, which at times, I'll admit, was exhausting. But I wouldn't have traded a moment of that cutie-pie spending quality time with me. And I bet my Mom would've said the same thing.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and Mom
Peekskill, NY
1967

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're mom was beautiful on the inside as well as the outside!

Lovely pic!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger CarolynT said...

Yes, she was. Thanks. = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home